Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Viva...

Ah, my first VEGAS post!

It should not be a secret to anyone who has access to this blog (i.e. the general public) that I. love. Las. Vegas.  I know what you're thinking: Sin City, "What Happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas," gambling, partying, overindulgence...

I'm not going to dispute that any all of the stereotypes are true.  But there are SO many reasons to love Vegas that you don't hear about as often.  Or maybe they just sound like justifications for someone to go (cough) several times a year.


Puzzle that LL got me when we moved to the 'burg!  Kept me occupied those first few months!


But I am convinced that there is something for everyone in Vegas.  For example, do you like:

  • Friendly service
  • Big, gorgeous pool complexes
  • Delicious restaurants from some of the world's top chefs
  • Over-the-top shows including any variety of Cirque du soleil show that you may want to see (including a Beatles-themed or Elvis-themed show)
  • Amazing structural engineering and architectural feats (had to include that one)
  • Beautiful artwork
  • ...and multiple opportunities to DANCE!?
Then chances are, you will find something to love about Vegas.
    Pool complex at MGM Grand

    Burger Bar - IMHO, best food/drink/milkshake/friendly and knowledgeable bartender combo in Vegas!

    City Center complex - one of the newest and most beautiful additions inside and out

    Bellagio lobby
    Surveying the crowd from atop my perch @ Haze

    Want to spend the morning on a world-class golf course, the afternoon being lazy by a pool or touring Hoover Dam and capping off the night with a 5-star dinner and show? You can do that in Vegas.

    Want to wake up in the PM and spend the next 24 hours drinking, gambling and occasionally stopping for some cheap food ($1 foot long hot dogs and $0.25 drafts, anyone?)? You can do that in Vegas.

    Me, I like to stay somewhere safely in the middle. Pool or shopping during the day, great (but affordable) meals, and ending the day in the wee hours doing some combination of dancing, enjoying adult beverages, and a little gambling if I'm feeling lucky.

    Of course you will see plenty of the things that people fear and loathe about Vegas, namely the pure excess of it all.  But that craziness is part of what makes it such a great place!  It's such a nice opportunity to escape reality and forget about life for a while...

    So thank you, Vegas, for never letting me down.

    PS - You all didn't really think I was going to post any pictures of me and my cohorts in Vegas, did you?! ;)

    PPS - Dear cohorts, You're welcome.  xoxo, MizMo

    1 comment:

    1. I just LOVE that puzzle. LL must be a good friend :) And I love our vegas pics, so post away :)

      ReplyDelete