Sunday, November 18, 2012

Crazed and Amused...and Home

DC is everything I remembered and more.

I'm back in a job where I work more than I should and I'm challenged in new ways. I'm learning a new mission. I come home exhausted and unable to explain what I did in a day because to describe it wouldn't do it justice.

My job demands that I travel, but only around the DC-metro area, so I spend more time in my car than in my office. As a result lunch is either a semi-healthy lunch inhaled around 3 PM, or a granola bar (or um...Combos...maybe) that I grab at a 7-11 between meetings and consume, obviously, in the car.



When the work day is done, I come home and drive around my 'hood (sometimes as late as 9) to play the DC "street parking lottery," which often involves shamelessly cheering in my car when I score a spot close to my apartment.

More often than not, I eat a make-shift, nutritionally-suspect dinner in front of the TV in my little apartment that resembles a hotel room much more than my spacious home in the 'burg.

I have friends all over the metro area who I maybe see once a month or less because of our conflicting work and travel schedules.

Is life perfect? Not at all. Do I love it? More than I can ever describe.

But how could I not? This is home.


And now that I'm starting to "settle in" to my new life, I hope to return to writing more regularly. Storytelling, I've decided, is really my passion. Whether it is my own crazy anecdote, or stories of those around me, I think people are really really interesting. And funny.

So as I'm transitioning and navigating this next chapter of life, I decided that the blog must live on! The tagline has changed, but the title remains the same...

Because no matter what happens in my future, there will always be stories to tell.  I may not be teaching apathetic engineering students or judging sorority talent shows, but I know I will continue to be crazed and amused by this beautiful life. And I hope you will continue to join me in the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment